If you saw my post on my 5 Minute Makeup featuring Beauty Counter, you know what makeup means to me. While I don’t discriminate and pick favorites, a strong lip is definitely a go-to of mine. Even if I can’t get my life together enough to do a full face or do an eye, throwing on a strong lipstick color instantly pulls my outfit together enough to venture out into the world. Personally, it makes me feel confident and proud. When Em Smith reached out to me, we started brainstorming on what we wanted to show as our first collaboration. After many hours on Pinterest, we narrowed it down to Fall 15 beauty trends and decided on a lip tutorial featuring a deep, dark wine color (one of my faves and a hot, hot trend for the season!) I thought this would be a great entry post because lipstick is very Obviously Elizabeth. I get asked frequently how I apply my lipstick and how I make it last all day (through eating and drinking, too!) We hope you enjoy this tutorial! I’ve given two versions- a brief and a detailed. Depending on your time, the look, or most importantly the color, there are steps you can skip or add. Let me know what you think and can’t wait to see how everyone tries out this amazing trend for fall!
Steps for the Perfect Fall Lip:
- Prep the lip with lip balm and let it sit and soak into the skin. Gently wipe off excess (we used Rosebud Perfume Co.’s Rosebud Salve)
- Lightly dust the lips with a pressed powder (this will help it last all day!)
- Line the lip with a lip liner that is close in color to the lip stick.
- Fill in the lip with the lip liner
- Fill in the lip with lip stick (Em carefully applied with a brush, but you can also use the actual stick. Whatever you are most comfortable with!)
- Gently blot off excess lipstick with a paper towel
- Optional: Add a highlighter above the upper lip for an extra glow!
Running short on time? Try out these 3 easy steps!
- Line outside of lips (if applying a matte dark color, otherwise you can even skip this one!)
- Fill with color